things i needed to hear in health class:
- puberty might make you squishier and its ok
- vaginas have a smell and it’s a ok
- all kinds of people with all kinds of bodies have gr8 sex
- genitals do not all look the same and variety is rad
- people have stretch marks sometimes
- people have pimples on their butts sometimes
- people have cellulite sometimes
- gender =/= sex
- sex =/= scary danger FEAR
- bodies aren’t scary or gross or sacred
- everything is ok
It’s kind of a cliché the fact that we aren’t used to mix the ideas of science and art, yet, they are different paths leading to the same location.
Both, science and art are nothing but the maximum expression of the human spirit; where our curiosity meets our desire to scream what we feel and what we think.
Of course, both paths weren’t even similarly constructed nor sculpted and even so they’ve reached the same destination: They fulfilled our self-necessity to understand what sorrounds us and to express what it makes us feel. And even after all this time we’ve constructed these paths it seems that we are not even close to approach our destination and that, that is the beauty of what science and art try to do.